Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Saturday, May 2, 2015

A love scene from Ever After

 Ever After- A Cinderella story

Cinderella an old folk tale



I recently watch the new 2015 Cinderella with the pretty blue dress. I have seen several versions of Cinderella and Ever After seem more realistic than all of the other versions. Of course, it is just a fairy tale that I myself had created in my mind that I will one day meet my Prince charming. As I got older, I realize I had to wake up from that dream.



Getting back to the history of this folk tale Cinderella, originated by Giambattista Basile in 1634. Recap by Charles Perrault and also the Grimm Brothers.( see Wikipedia for history on each author)



 In each play or movie dated back to 1889 have produced Cinderella with music and others without. I do like the musical Cinderella's and have enjoyed all of them throughout my life. But no matter how many times it's remade, it is a good story. However, this new 2015 movie is one they could have left in the book. I don't like being critical, but after seeing the movie the only highlight moment of the movie was that blue dress with the skinny waist.



I will always love this folk tale Cinderella. If you did not know there is another version that I am sure most have not seen is Cinderfella with Jerry Lewis. Check out this version on Youtube, it's nice version and very different girl going after boy.



No comments: