Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Thursday, November 26, 2015

Banks versus Credit Union


Sometime ago I ran a feature on banks versus credit union. I have just experience just why I prefer credit union over banks. I have an account at a credit union and for four years I have had a outstanding account with no NSF fees or return fees. I have a good standing account that I was approve for a small loan. However, I decided to open an account with a bank to save some money and before you know it I was charge some fees on the bank account. I don't write checks and I have a Visa debit card on the account so that I would not go negative on my account. I was still charge a fee for going over the amount of my balance which I check frequently to make sure I had enough money cover the item I was paying for. On any visa debit card if you do not have the money available the card will reject the transaction. I just don't understand these banks and how they can charge a fee when you don't have the funds available on the account.  Banks these days is charging their consumer these fees so they can survive the credit unions.




At this time the account that I have at the bank charge me fees within one month of me having the account. I am not going to mention the bank institution that I have, but I will say at this time I will be paying whatever fees that I owe and closing that account. I promise that banks will some kind of way find how to get your own money. From what I experience I am going to say, if you don't want your bank to take your money, open an account at your local credit union. 



No comments: