Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Thursday, March 25, 2021

Eliminating Homelessness




Being that our country has been struggling with eliminating the virus, the government has been focusing more on the virus and the economy that we have forgotten that America has been dealing with homelessness since the last pandemic infected America back in 1918, and continue to grow.

I have done some research on this issue because I too had to deal with being homeless. I want to stress it was no one's fault, however when you have to deal with a health issue, poor financial planning due to lack of education, and relying on family members, I found myself having to fight like hell to end my homelessness. I had to re-educate myself by learning about my health condition, making preparations for setting goals and achieving these goals. It took me three to four years to improve myself and keeping a roof over my head. Granted the economy did not help my situation any better, just as it is not helping all those who are homeless now and those who will become homeless due to this pandemic.

With that being said, I am an advocate for the homeless and will personally help as much as I can for those that I met. For those who have never had the experience of being homeless and should ever feel the need to help, I am pleading with you to assist a homeless person as much as you can. You will never know what you do can tremendously change a person's direction and improve themselves. If you do not understand how a person ever became homeless in America today, I am recommending a book called "Pretreatment Guide for Homeless & Housing First" a guide to helping couples, youth, and the elderly by Jay S. Levy. This book gives you scenarios of different people's cases and how they became homeless by providing assistance to get a person off the streets. 

You can purchase this book with an Amazon Audible account, so you can listen too during your spare time. Building your own library of other favorite books is a great way of not having to find space for another book or magazines. I will be recommending other audibles that I find interesting with short comments on my blog. 

Thank you for reading my post and I hope you come back to visit "Fresh and New Beginning".


gmalady50
posted 3/25/2021 at 5:08 am

No comments: