Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Monday, February 8, 2016

Non-Profit Organization and their Members

In the part of late 2015 I was wrongfully evicted from my residence and I knew I would be homeless for a while to get a new residence within my budget. I sought out some churches to help me get through the storm.  I found that most churches that I visited was unwilling or did not want to help me. I got very frustrated with them all.I cannot tell you their procedure in giving to the community, but I can say that they are not helping the people as they should.

 On one particular incident I was told that I would be able to receive funds for two days for my rent. I get to the church and it was told to me that the person had left for today. I got their on time as I was told. I return back to the church and completed their necessary documents to get help. I was told someone will contact me within 24 to 48 hours. I was contacted and they wanted to proceed with me coming back to the church and complete more documents. I just gave up because I was running out of funds to get around on the bus.   I visited another church that I use to be a member of and I was told that I could not see the Pastor and the deacon that was over the funds was not there. I was never told when to return.  I can say if I was one of those women who would not let me speak with the Pastor,  I would have reach into my own purse and wrote a check or gave that person some money to help out. I did receive some funds from a person that was not at church and was willing to help,which he did get me a hotel for one week. Their is another person in my life that decided instead of giving her  money to the church, she decided to give her money to me as her tithing.

Being homeless has given me the heart to love my neighbor as I love myself. I will do my best to give what I can give and help my fellow man, woman and child. As Jesus said " Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven. 

No comments: