Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Monday, May 4, 2015

"I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."- Albert Einstein-


I awaken this morning with Albert Einstein quote on my mind. The reason for that quote is because I had a dream about my cell phone. I was headed to the grocery store, not realizing I left my cell phone at home. Once my shopping was done, I reached in my purse for my cell phone to call my relative to pick me up. No phone!!! My mind panic because I could not remember anyone's phone number.

 Years before cell phone we were using land line phones with numbers to remember. Right now today, I still remember both my grandmother's and grandfather phone number. Have I become the generation of idiots as Albert Einstein quoted? I can answer yes to that question because I don't even know my own mother phone number. She changed from land line to cell phone and when she made the change I locked in her new number without thinking to remember the number.  If  I get incarcerated and wanted to make my one phone call, I don't have anyone number remembered in my head.  Am I being lazy? or it's just convenient to use the cell phone system. 

The dream has open my eyes that I need to pick out a number in my cell phone to remember if something should ever happen to my cell phone. There is others technology that I depend on such as the computer. I use the computer to journal my notes and daily agenda, which I use to write in a journal to keep up with notes. Did you realize that writing in school is becoming a thing of the past? I still have a personal journal because I can access it more quickly without using electronics. What if electronic's has no power? What is the backup for losing power?  

In summary, I will have to stop depending on technology for everything, for the use of technology will cause my brain to be dormant. I am getting older and I need my brain to continue its artistic blood to flow.  



No comments: