Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Sunday, June 21, 2020

I'll never be hungry again Gone with the wind scene





Gone with the Wind scene I'll never go hungry again!



I will not lie, steal, or cheat as she said in the scene, but I will find a good way to make sure I don't go homeless or hungry again. Yes, I have been struck down to where I did not have a roof over my head, and I can't blame anyone but myself. Not paying attention to what was going on around me and the world economy that brought me to homelessness.  I will do my best to never go hungry or homeless again.



In the meantime,  HBO removes this classic from their streaming platform due to all the killing that has happened in the black communities, and riots in all the states of America and overseas. This movie is a classic within itself and I don't see it as a racist movie.



 No black person was killed in this movie or mistreated in any way that I saw it. The black people that was in this movie were given the opportunity to convey their talents and made money to be in this movie. They may have not received the same salary as the whites actors, but at least they made some money to put in their communities and take care of their own families.



When this film premiered in Atlanta, Georgia on December 15, 1939, it brought some revenue into Georgia, it also conveyed treating black people with dignity in this film.  Georgia was going through some racism issues when this movie hit the theater at that time, but as I watch this movie (in my time ) I see they were the helpers and being treated with dignity and respect.  I know from my great grandmother and great aunt stories that Georgia did have some good slave owners that provided well to the black race and there were some bad slave owners who did not treat black people with respect and dignity. As of today, I hope we will progress by respecting each other for their God-given talents we all provide to the making of movies.



 Removing this movie because some people feel it is racist which I don't understand. This movie does not spark any racism or anger in me. It was a story about some history of Georgia, which is where I was born. It was about love, the love of money, death, hunger, and fighting for their land, which both races endured hardship during wartime. Mostly it was about Scarlet and Rhett and the type of love that they gave to each other and those around them.



Whatever anyone else thinks about me or what I have posted about this movie then "Frankly my dear I don't give a damn" because I like this classic movie with Clark Cable, and Vivien Leigh.



Oh, and look for the actor who acted in the old Superman sitcom, if you decide to rent or buy this movie from Youtube.



gmalady50



Posted 6/21/2020 6:26pm

No comments: