Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Friday, June 5, 2020

Aretha Franklin - I say a little prayer / with lyrics





This song is dedicated to Secretary of Defense James Mattis who took a stand for the people of America saying these words.



IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH I have watched this week's unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words "Equal Justice Under Law" are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand- one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values- our values as people and our values as a nation. -James Mattis



Sir General Mattis, I would like to say thank you because you answer my prayer. The day you gave that statement to the nation I actually prayed that morning that you as the Secretary of Defense would not send out the military on the people because I am an ex-military wife of twenty years and I am proud of our military men and women. I would not want to see any type of war on humanity.



Have a great weekend and may God bless you and your family.








No comments: