Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Wednesday, April 8, 2015

HANK AARON AKA "HAMMER HANK"

I remember the day Hammer Hank hit that 715 home run, it was April 8, 1974. I was glued to our black and white television, praying he made that last hit. That hit beat Babe Ruth record of 714. All of the Atlanta baseball fans were proud to have their home team player to break that record.

Mr. Aaron was born in Mobile, Alabama, on February 5, 1934. He had seven siblings including his brother Tommie Aaron, who played with Hank on the MLB team. Mr. Aaron has a long resume of baseball careers he accomplished.  He was named to the National League All- Star roster 20 times and the American League All-Star roster one time. I could go on and on about this man outstanding career, which he is still active as of today. He own severals car dealership, and if my memories serve me correctly, I think he owned a Krispy Kreme Doughnut store in my neighborhood. I think he gave that up for the car business.

Mr. Aaron resides near Atlanta, Georgia.

If you like to learn more about Mr. Aaron career, go to www.wikipedia.org

No comments: