Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Saturday, April 11, 2015

My Awaken Journey

Good morning to my readers. Writing to you about what I feel is not easy to me, because I  have a hard time expressing myself in a form of writing. I awaken early with the thoughts of posting to my blog on today's event or "what happen on this day".  I first open my email to read about someone dying, which I have a serious issue with death. Death can be a beginning to some, and an end to others. What it is to me I can't express because I haven't died yet to come back and tell you what I experience. All I can express is condolence for their loss to let the person know that they are in my thoughts and prayers.

The next thing I receive from my email is a subscription that I receive from Wikipedia giving a quote by Kurt Vonnegut that stated "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph, THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED FOR EXISTENCE OF GOD WAS MUSIC. I then proceeded to read more about Mr. Vonnegut. He has a large resume of quotes that I enjoyed reading and would use to express who I am.

 I read on and like this quote: "If you want to really hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be gay, the least you can do is go into arts. I'm not kidding. The arts are not a way to make a living. They are a very human way to make life more bearable. Practicing an art no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possibly can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something.

This blog is my creation rather bad or good. I enjoy expressing myself on this blog. I do use a lot of video's from Youtube. That is how I am conveying my art and art's that I like. The advertisements are things on my wish list. I want to share another quote from Vonnegut: I believe that reading and writing are the most nourishing forms of meditation that anyone has so far found.  By reading the writings of the most interesting minds in history, we meditate with our minds and theirs as well. This to me is a miracle.

After reading some of Mr. Vonnegut quotes, I ask myself what I am doing here. I am here to create, to sing, dance, give music and possibly give you some poems. Because I know there is an "Almighty God" that created me to accomplish something rather small or large. This is a journey to explore the world of art's.

To learn more about Kurt Vonnegut, go to my favorite site www.wikipedia.org 

No comments: