Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

My Blog List

Popular Posts

WELCOME

Thank you for joining me at A Fresh and New Beginning. The editor of this site will do the best to reach out to you with fun, interesting, and valuable information. It would be helpful to me if you would leave your suggestions or post on the blog, your opinion. IT IS AN HONOR TO SERVE YOU AND MY COMMUNITY.



Editor: Linda Ann Horne Mitchell Hudson













































































































Friday, June 12, 2020

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner trailer





Guest Who's Coming to Dinner



This movie represents what was face with racial problems during that time. As of today, we have more interracial marriage where these marriages deal with more scrutiny from the black and white race. I remember when I was in North Dakota in 1976, I met an interracial couple and I spoke to them. They asked me why did I speak to them and I told them I was happy to see them together. It really made me think about this movie. They were so happy that I spoke to them, they took me and my husband out to dinner.



Mr. Sidney Poitier was an academy award winner, which is a great accomplishment during that time. I understand that some streaming platform will be removing any racial issue movies or cartoons. I can't understand why they would do that because this is history within itself. I pick this movie because it does use racial language, however, the character Mr. Poitier played said one thing in this movie that means a lot today, " you think of me as a color man, I think of me as a man".



Mr. Poitier, I really want to thank you for all your accomplishments as a black actor making waves for other black actors and actresses to succeed in their life goals. It means more to us simple everyday working people to achieve our goals being a person of color.



If streaming platforms start removing these old movies that deal with racial issues and you like these old movies as I do, I recommend that you start your own library from Youtube to enjoy.



Another favorite that Mr. Poitier acted in is Patches of Blue. A movie of empathy and caring for another human being regardless of the color of there skin.



Rent or purchase from Youtube.



gmalady50



Posted 6/12/2020 7:08am




No comments: